(a) Information we may collect from you
We may collect and handle the following personal information about you:
- Any information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided by you at the time of registering to use our website (including your name, surname, email address, contact number, shipping address membership status and date of birth), and requesting further services or subscribing to any service offered by us on the website. We might also request further information where you report a problem with our website if necessary to resolve your query.
- correspondence with you where you contact us.
- Details of the resources you access on, and your visits to, our website
- Details of transactions you may carry out through our website and of the completion of your orders.
(b) If the information that we collect personally identifies users of our website, or users are reasonably identifiable from it, we will treat it as personal information.
(c) Your personal information may be collected directly from you in various ways, namely:
(d) (1) through your access to and use of the website; and
(e) (2) when you communicate with us in any way.
All personal information provided by you is provided voluntarily. However, if you do not provide us with personal information where we require it, you may not be able to purchase products, use or access the website.
(f) IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer; this is statistical data concerning your browsing actions and does not identify you individually. This information includes your IP address where available, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report collective information to our advertisers.
We may also collect information about your general internet usage using cookie files stored on the hard drive of all computers. The cookies contain valuable information that is transferred to your computers hard drive. In collecting this information we are able to improve our website and deliver a better and more personalised service. If you wish to do so you, you can refuse to accept cookies. You can do this by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting. Cookies may, however, be necessary to provide you with certain features available on the website and if you disable cookies you may not be able to use those features, and your access to the website will be limited.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. In both cases we take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure that the personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
As the website is accessible via the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of the transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed or when we are no longer required by law to retain it (whichever is the later).
(g) Uses made of the personal information
We use the personal information held about you in the following ways:
- To notify you of any changes to our products or service.
- To ensure that the content of our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To provide you with the information, products and services requested from us or that we feel will be of interest to you, in accordance with the marketing clause below.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, should you choose to do so.
- To administer your account with us.
- In allowing ourselves to carry out our obligations concerning any contracts entered into between you and us, where you place orders or purchase products from us.
We do not disclose information which will identify you to our advertisers. We may however provide them with information about our users generally, which has been de-identified and cannot be used to identify you.
(h) Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to:
(1) our employees, affiliates, contractors or third party service providers in connection with the website and sale of our products and our business operation (including for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction purposes);
(2) our insurers and our professional advisors, including accountants, business advisors and consultants;
(3) new colleagues and the manager of any entity through which they operate if we merge, combine or divest a part of our business;
(4) law enforcement or regulatory bodies as required by law; and
(5) any other juristic or natural person for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
We undertake never to sell your personal information.
If you have purchased products from us, we may use your personal information to send you details of new products and services that we think may interest you. If you are not a customer of ours, we will obtain your consent if required by law before sending these details to you.
These communications may be sent in various forms (including by post and by email) in accordance with applicable marketing laws. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method where it is practical to do so.
All of these communications will include information detailing the process of unsubscribing from (or opting out of) receiving the communications if users no longer wish to receive promotional material from us.
(j) Third party websites
From time to time our website may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you visit any of these websites please note that they have their own privacy policies and you should check these before submitting any personal information.
We cannot accept any responsibility or liability for these policies and for the privacy practices of, or content displayed on, third party websites. Third party website providers are responsible for informing users about their own privacy practices.
(l) Access to personal information
You have the right to contact us at any time requesting:
(1) confirmation that we have your personal information;
(2) access to the records containing your personal information or a description of the personal information that we hold about you; and
(3) the identity or categories of third parties who have had, or currently have, access to your personal information.
When making a request we require adequate proof of your identity which will include providing a certified copy of your identity / registration documents.
We will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing information, where you are entitled to it, by for example, posting or emailing it to you.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to your personal information. For example, if your access would interfere with the privacy of others or would result in a breach of confidentiality, we may need to refuse access. If we refuse access, we will give written reasons for our refusal.
If you believe that any personal information that we hold about you is inaccurate, irrelevant, outdated, incomplete or misleading, you may request us to correct it. If you believe that any personal information that we hold about you is excessive or has been unlawfully obtained or that we are no longer authorised to retain the information, you may request that we destroy or delete it. We will consider if the information requires correction, deletion or destruction and if we do not agree that there are grounds for action, you may request that we add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
(m) We may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. We will not charge for simply making the request or for making any corrections to the personal information.
(n) Unlawful access to personal information
If you believe that your personal information has been unlawfully accessed or acquired, you may contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
We will treat your complain confidentially (unless otherwise required by law), investigate the complaint and aim to ensure that the complaint is resolved within a reasonable time.